Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Hi,
> On Fri, Feb 01, Magnus Andersson wrote:
>> I have problems with channels that uses high bitrate on Thor 1W. A few
>> channels uses between 10-11 Mbit/s mpeg2 and if I use tv-out from FF
>> card vdr 1.5.14 the picture glitches and the remote response becomes
>> really slow. It can take 10 seconds or more to change channel. There are
>> no problems if I use xineliboutput and vdr 1.5.14 or channels with low
>> bitrate. VDR 1.4.7 is ok with both xinliboutput plugin and tv-out from
>> FF card so my question is how to log this? I start vdr with option -l 3
>> but there is nothing in the log.
>> vdr 1.5.14
>> patches:
>> vdr-1.5.14-liemikuutio-1.17.diff
>> vdr-1.5.14-ttxtsubs-0.0.5.diff
>> vdr-1.5.14-dvb-api-emulate-0.1.diff
>> I have seen this in earlier versions of 1.5 so it is not related to
>> 1.5.14 only.
> I've the same problem with ARD, when I switch audio to dolby digital.
> When I set audio to stereo, there are no problems.
> Can you try to disable dolby digital ?
> PS.: cpu is  "Mobile Genuine Intel(R) processor 900MHz" and ff card is a
> 01:0f.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

Thank you for your inputs. I never use dolby  digital because I use
stereo speakers on the TV. Even if I disable dolby digital in the DVB
configuration I still get the problems. Somtimes high bitrate channels
works after switching to the DVB-T card and then back again and with
your information I can force the problem to come back even if channel
works without problem. By changing to dolby digital audio instead of
stereo the channel becomes bad again and remote is barely responsive.

My configuration is:
Gentoo linux with Athlon64 3500+ CPU compiled for 64 bit with Hauppauge
version 2.1 DVB-S and one Airstar2 DVB-T.
I have the same here 04:07.0 Multimedia controller: Philips
Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)


vdr mailing list

Reply via email to