On Feb 7, 2008 4:27 PM, Jouni Karvo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The --stdctl option causes xine to crash if it is used when starting
> from the script...

I found the same problem without the --stdctl flag (is it default?)
and reported it to xine-devel. The Hg version of xine-lib cannot start
from /etc/inittab or rc.local type scripts without segfaulting.

Someone advised me of a workaround, you can use the startup script
with a sudo xine, or a su - xine and it will not segfault. I guess
using su or sudo setup some different environment variables (or
something) that xine is happy with.