VDR developer version 1.5.16 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is the final step towards a stable version 1.6.0.
Please report any bugs as soon as possible.
If nothing unexpected happens, I plan to release version 1.6.0 on March 2.
The following translation files still have untranslated texts:
It would be nice if somebody could finish these before the 1.6.0 release.
To avoid duplicate work, please announce your activity here in this thread.
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.15:
- Fixed setting the current subtitle track in Transfer-Mode (reported by Petri
thanks to Reinhard Nissl for pointing out that cDevice::Transferring() doesn't
return the right value in the early stage of channel switching).
- Updated the Danish OSD texts (thanks to Mogens Elneff).
- Updated the Dutch OSD texts (thanks to Carel Willemse).
- Fixed various spelling errors and improved PLUGINS.html (thanks to Ville
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Fixed the format in cRemote::Put() to use "%016llX" instead of "%016LX"
to Ludwig Nussel for pointing this out).
- Revised the fix of calculating the scrollbar height in the skins. The
handle now always has a height that is at least the width of the scrollbar.
- When switching the device that's used for live viewing away from the current
transponder in favor of an upcoming recording, an attempt is now made to stay
on the current channel by possibly going into 'Transfer Mode'.
- The CAM menu now stays open as long as it is automatically updated, even
pressing a remote control key. This is important when updating the CAM
from the transponder.
- No longer trying to switch to an available channel if the primary device has
no valid programme and a menu is open (avoids interference with the CAM in
case a CAM menu is open).
- Increased the valid range of the "Subtitle offset" setup option to -100...100
(thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Added the backslash ('\') to the list of characters that need to be escaped
when executing external commands (thanks to Peter Bieringer for reporting
*When reporting problems, please don't reply to this message!*
Create a new thread instead, using a descriptive subject!
vdr mailing list