Ville Skyttä wrote:
> I'm a bit confused about the locale dir stuff in VDR 1.6.0 especially wrt.
> plugins.  newplugin hardcodes LOCALEDIR to $(VDRDIR)/locale without taking
> Make.config into account at all.  The result is that plugins will try to
> place their *.mo into a wrong location if LOCDIR was customized in in VDR's
> Make.config and/or "make install" was used.  I suppose the attached patch
> would fix that.

I think the intention is that plugins copy their i18n files into
LOCALEDIR in the VDR source dir, and the VDR makefile copies the files
from LOCALEDIR to the LOCDIR install location. That way, LOCALEDIR
should never change and there's no need to modify it in Make.config.
I don't have any real world experience though, as I am using my own
packaging scripts anyway.

Cheers,

Udo