This probably isn't anyhow related to this thread but I get following
messages in dmesg output:
vdr-fbfe[21775]: segfault at 000004d0 eip b7207719 esp bfd4c9e0 error 4
vdr-fbfe[22134]: segfault at 000004d0 eip b720a719 esp bfcfa190 error 4

It's not a big problem as it's only related to exiting the frontend
either with keyboard ESC or killall vdr-sxfe.

It's the yesterday's cvs version. I can't say when did it start.

-Kimmo