> Vangelis Nonas wrote:
> > I dont think that this is the case because with encrypted DVB-S channels
> > I get a blank screen but NOT the message "channel not available". I get
> > this message ONLY on DVB-S2 channels. I can perfectly watch HD Suisse
> > which is DVB-S.
>
> with vdr 1.7 and the patch it s possible to say that there is something
> if you remove the encrypted flag, and vpid, ppid and dpid they will
> reappear when you switch to that channel - its there, maybe they are
> not broadcasting at that moment

I suppose Vangelis Nonas didn't remove any encrypted flags and pids. For you
information - what's new in VDR 1.6.0

The changes since version 1.5.13:
- Removed switching to the next higher or lower channel if the current channel
is not available, in order to allow staying on an encrypted channel that takes
a while for the CAM to start decrypting.

may be in 1.7.0 it was broken for dvb-s2 encrypted channels....

Igor