Hi,

Jelle De Loecker schrieb:

> I had to remove *-V xvideo --post vdr_video --post vdr_audio --post
> upmix_mono *or I would not have any sound. (Well, sound would play for a
> nanosecond and then drop out.)

Hhm, I don't think that xine --help lists 'xvideo' near -V. I'm
not sure which driver xine uses if it cannot find the specified
one -- most likely xv. But removing the -V option would choose xv
too, so why is there a difference?

Regarding video: Morfsta sent me some samples of BBC HD which are
interlaced but have "incorrectly" set the progressive_frame_flag.
Forcing deinterlacing of such scenes with
use_progressive_frame_flag=0 improves image quality but the
default field order is incorrect which leads to a jumpy replay
like that (assuming the correct order would be 1 2 3 4 5 6):

        2 1 4 3 6 5

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl