On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Klaus Schmidinger <
klaus.schmidin...@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> On 25.01.2009 12:04, Artem Makhutov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

> >> Well, I guess the source from which this information was taken
> >> initially was wrong (or has this sat been repositioned?).
> >>
> > As far as I can remember the sat was not repositioned.
> >> If we change this now, all existing diseqc.conf and channels.conf
> >> files would have to be changed accordingly. I wouldn't have a problem
> >> with that, since I don't receive that sat position ;-)
> > I also have no problems with changing the files :)
> >
> > I am just wondering on why this sat is noted without the ".0" in the
> > sources.conf.
>
> There are plenty of sat positions that have no trailing ".0" in
> sources.conf.
> This is optional, "S5E" is exactly the same as "S5.0E".
>
> If you like this to be changed, just provide a patch.
>
> > This should be changed to S5.0E or S4.8E. We could stick with S5.0,
> > since this is used in some sources.
> >
> > Lyngsat is using 5.0E in the name of the HTML file, but 4.8E is used in
> > the text :
> >
> > http://www.lyngsat.com/5east.html
>
> Aha, so they're making the same mistake ;-)

Those who use scan-s2 application from:
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/scan-s2
**
You can override the orbital position received from satelite by specifying:
-O pos Orbital position override 'S4W', 'S19.2E' - good for VDR output

I've added that parameter after I saw some channels found with invalid
positions (I'm not talking about 5.0 or 4.8, but totally invalid).
This ofcause is not acceptable for those who use diseqc.