Hei Antti,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 02:19:30PM +0200, Antti Palosaari wrote:
> Heinrich Langos wrote:
>> That is with dvb_usb_af9015 loaded but with "remote=0" module parameter
>> to disable the remote control input that aparently is done by polling.
>
> remote=0 does not disable polling, it is for selecting correct remote.

Well, setting remote=0 does have an effect (af9015.c):

                if (val == AF9015_IR_MODE_DISABLED || val == 0x04) {
                        af9015_properties[i].rc_key_map = NULL;
                        af9015_properties[i].rc_key_map_size  = 0;

While every other (valid) value for "remote" assigns a key map at that point
and further sets the af9015_config.ir_table. I guess thats has consequences
so that even if polling occurrs, it doesn't cause a whole lot of other
actions.

> You can disable polling by setting proper module param for module dvb-usb.

Where "proper" would be? :-)

>> (With "remote=2" it goes up by about 50 wakeups per second. OK, AFAIK
>> USB input devices need to be polled. No way around it. But does it have
>> to be at 20ms intervals?)
>
> hmm, It should be 150ms according to the code. No idea why it generates
> 50 wakeups.

My guess would be that each polling action generates several USB packets
which in turn cause several wakeups...

> I have no idea why.

Does your vdr let your machine sleep nicely?

Cheers
-henrik