On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Peter Evertz <l...@pec.homeip.net> wrote:

> I am 44 years old and it happens to me too :)
>
> A "press pause again for stopping live-view" is a good idea.
> It happens often after watching a recording. If I accidential stopped
> the replay, and press pause then. Or the recording was at its end and i
> press pause. Navigating the menus an hitting yellow on the wrong place.
>
> Then always: "stop replay" "stop recoding" find the recorded garbage and
> delete it.
>
> And putting away the remote is not the best solution for me :)

Same issue here with my 2 year old kid. But I think he presses the big red
glowing button on MCE remote :)

Confirmation will be a good idea, but not by pressing the pause button
twice.

I think it could be a good idea to implement multiple-button commands and
allow configuration for every command.
By default it could be set to once pressed pause button, others might set it
to pause+ok.
This will solve some more problems I can think of, such as remotes with few
buttons, so sequences will allow them to use much more VDR commands.
Maybe there is a need for a single point of remote control processing where
that multi-button feature will be implemented, so all other plugins could
use it somehow.