VDR developer version 1.7.9 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.7.8:
- Fixed storing the current OSD size in case the device has
changed it in its setup menu (reported by Reinhard Nissl).
- Fixed cDevice::PlayTsVideo() and cDevice::PlayTsAudio() in case only part of
buffer has been accepted by the device (reported by Udo Richter).
- Changed the EIT filter setup to save a few handles on devices that do hardware
- Fixed deleting expired timers if they have the VPS flag set, but the event
are assigned to doesn't have a VPS tag.
- Fixed handling file name length on VFAT systems in case they
contain UTF-8 characters (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed generating CaPmts in case audio and video are encrypted using different
- Updated vdr.1 to use the new file names in recording directories.
- Fixed cRecordings::DelByName() to avoid compilation errors with gcc 4.4
(thanks to Matthias Schwarzott).
- Increased the value of MAXFRAMESIZE to better suit HD recordings (thanks to
- Implemented full handling of subtitling descriptors (thanks to Mikko
vdr mailing list