Goga777 wrote:
>> Which distribution and version are you using?
>
> debian sid kernel 2.6.30
>
>> And package name where /usr/include/linux/types.h and related files
>> would also help:
>> rpm -qf /usr/include/linux/types.h (on rpm systems)
>> dpkg -S /usr/include/linux/types.h (on deb systems, I think)
>
> arvdr:/usr/src/vdr-1.7.9# dpkg -S /usr/include/linux/types.h
> linux-libc-dev: /usr/include/linux/types.h

Thank you. The bug is in libcap header file
/usr/include/sys/capability.h

It does evil stuff like this:

  25 /*
  26  * Make sure we can be included from userland by preventing
  27  * capability.h from including other kernel headers
  28  */
  29 #define _LINUX_TYPES_H
  30 #define _LINUX_FS_H
  31 #define __LINUX_COMPILER_H
  32 #define __user
  33
  34 typedef unsigned int __u32;
  35 typedef __u32 __le32;

This completely prevents including /usr/include/linux/types.h, etc.

It seems my distro has a patch that removes all the above lines to
resolve this issue. I'll try contacting libcap upstream on this issue.

--
Anssi Hannula