Theunis Potgieter wrote:
On 30 March 2010 21:26, Rob Davis <> wrote:
I don't know if I immagined it, but is there a way to get VDR to use a
secondary channel if the first channel is busy?

To give an explanation, I have multiple ways a I can receive a channel,
through ATSC, or through PVRINPUT or NTSC.  I would like to know if there
is a rollover system, if the first channel is busy, use the second, then

It seems I saw something which suggested this was possible, but maybe not..

I think the current method is, one channel is tried on multiple
devices matching the same source type. Channel 1 is dvb-s, tried on
card-x to card-z of the same source type. I am not sure if there is a
way to roll-over to another channel/different source type. How would
this have to be handled? Will these channels be grouped together?

It could be possible to do it in a similar way as Alternative channel -patch ( handles alternative channels. But since that patch only works for recording a channel it would need some work.