This was my problem: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2010-September/023546.html Long story short, I could not display DVB subtitles.
The solution was: Apply a patch from IPTV plugin for VDR (iptv-0.4.2/patches/vdr-1.7.15-disable_ca_updates.patch) to VDR. I'm using yaVDR 0.2 (It's Ubuntu 10.04 minimal + VDR PPA) First I created a working directory called "src" mkdir src cd src/ Then i got the source code for VDR and IPTV plugin: apt-get source vdr apt-get source vdr-iptv-plugin Then I took care for all of the dependencies: sudo apt-get install build-essential vdr-dev sudo apt-get build-dep vdr Before I aplied the patch "vdr-1.7.15-disable_ca_updates.patch" I had to manualy apply a patch for ttxtsubs, that came with VDR source code. Because "vdr-1.7.15/debian/patches/opt-27_ttxtsubs.dpatch" tries to mess with the same code block in pat.c as the patch from IPTV, building will fail, if you apply the IPTV patch first. So I opened "vdr-1.7.15/debian/patches/00list" with a text editor and commented the line with opt-27_ttxtsubs.dpatch vi vdr-1.7.15/debian/patches/00list Look for a line: # Patch needed for the ttxtsubs plugin. opt-27_ttxtsubs and change it to: # Patch needed for the ttxtsubs plugin. #opt-27_ttxtsubs I then had to ran: python vdr-1.7.15/debian/patchcheck.py -u Now that I made sure that /opt-27_ttxtsubs.dpatch won't run at build time, I had to apply it manualy. First you have to be in the ~/src/vdr-1.7.15/ directory. I then applied the ttxtsubs patch: patch -p1 < debian/patches/opt-27_ttxtsubs.dpatch Because opt-27_ttxtsubs patch changed the pat.c file, you have to insert one line from "vdr-1.7.15-disable_ca_updates.patch" in to pat.c with a text editor. Find the lines in pat.c: Channel->SetTeletextSubtitlePages(TeletextSubtitlePages, NumTPages); Channel->SetCaIds(CaDescriptors->CaIds()); Then insert one line from the "vdr-1.7.15-disable_ca_updates.patch" : Channel->SetTeletextSubtitlePages(TeletextSubtitlePages, NumTPages); if (!cSource::IsType(Channel->Source(), 'I')) Channel->SetCaIds(CaDescriptors->CaIds()); Then I ran: dpkg-buildpackage After some time on my Atom CPU, i got a nice vdr_1.7.15-2yavdr1_i386.deb package which I then installed with: sudo dpkg -i vdr_1.7.15-2yavdr1_i386.deb Now my DVB subtitles are showing in their glorious color :) Because I'm fairly lazy, I'm sending this to the mailing list, where I will be able to find it later. This is the firts time I ever used a mailing list, so I'm probably breaking some etiquete, but maybee someone else could find my "solution" usefull. And by my "solution" I ofcourse mean Rolf Ahrebenger's solution. Thank you again for all your help! tvich
_______________________________________________ vdr mailing list email@example.com http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr