On 10/01/11 19:09, VDR User wrote:
You appear to want xine-lib-1.2, although I have no clue why you would
be confused about the trees.  To my knowledge, there is only one
available at: hg clone http://hg.debian.org/hg/xine-lib/xine-lib-1.2

That's fine if you know what you're looking for, but the front page of
xine's official site links to the top-level of hg.debian.org which
contains getting on for 50 xine-lib branches. Including
xine-lib-1.2-vdpau which is apparently being developed alongside
xine-lib-1.2 despite your saying it was merged in.

It's simple to compile and again, something easily scriptable.  VDPAU
support in xine-lib-1.2 isn't flawless (depending on circumstances),
but it works great.  I'd definitely, and do, recommend it.

My advice would be you stop insisting on using debian sources for this
stuff.  Both VDR and xine-lib-1.2 are easily obtainable from their
original sources, compile easily, and no hassling with screwy debian
sources necessary.

I use my HTPC for other stuff as well as VDR so I'd rather hack VDR to
make it compatible with a (some would say "the") standard Linux distro
than the other way round. Therefore I think the Debian packages'
"screwiness" saves me a lot of hassle instead of adding to it.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk