On 11.07.2011 22:50, Udo Richter wrote:
Am 11.07.2011 18:12, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
On 11.07.2011, at 03:21, Laz<l...@club-burniston.co.uk>  wrote:
Before I dig into buffers, etc., is there any difference between
the streams sent to PlayTS in transfer mode and in playback? I see that
transfer mode generates a PAT/PMT on the fly and passes the stream
directly to PlayTs.

In Transfer Mode onlx one single PAT/PMT is generated at the very start of it,
while a recording contains a PAT/PMT at the beginning of every GOP.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't transfer mode receive PCR clock
data, while playback is without PCR clock?

Since VDR version 1.7.12 the PCR packets are recorded and replayed, and
also used in Transfer Mode:

2010-01-31: Version 1.7.12

- The PCR pid is now recorded for channels where this is different from the
  PID. To facilitate this, the interfaces of cTransfer, cTransferControl,
  and cReceiver have been modified, so that the PIDs are no longer given in
  parameters, but rather the whole channel is handed down for processing. The
  constructor of cReceiver is still available, but it is recommended to plugin
  that they switch to the new interface as soon as possible.
  When replaying such a recording, the PCR packets are sent to PlayTsVideo()