On 10 Mar 2012, at 06:08, Steffen Barszus <steffenbpu...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:54:29 +0000
> Dominic Evans <oldma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't know if anyone else still uses the xmltv2vdr.pl perl script
>> for piping XMLTV data into VDR's epg, but I've been keeping a version
>> of it updated with some additional function here:
>
> I don't want to discourage you from that - but have you seen there is a
> xmltv2vdr plugin ? This might be the better solution on the long run

Sure I knew about this plugin but for non-German speakers it's a
problem as it has no English documentation and seems to grab episode
information from eplists (which are also all in German) rather than
using the info found in the XMLTV listings. I'm also not sure how
often it runs etc.

If someone would do an English write up and explain what features it
has and doesn't have, that would be excellent :)