On 4 May 2012 14:28, Marx <acc.for.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
> It's probably common use but I didn't find good info how to do that:
> I record movie. It needs to be cutted (advertisment etc) and than compressed
> from mpeg2 to divx (because this format is smaller and playable on almost
> everything). Then movie is moved to library which scans IMDB or similair
> services to download meta information.
>
> The goal is how to do that as most automatically as possible.
> For now it's rather long way: I convert .ts stream into mpeg2 (I forgot the
> name but it's software which allows cut file altogether, hovewer it's not
> user friendly becauses of small preview window), then convert it with some
> software (VirtualDub, Handbrake or ffmpeg), then rename and load into XBMC
> library.

I recommend looking at http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/vdrnfofs

This fuse-based tool allows you to make your VDR library easily
understandable by XBMC by providing a suitable filename and .nfo pair:

e.g.,

$ ls -1 /srv/vdr/Green_Card*
Green_Card_2011-09-07.23.28.1-0.rec.mpg
Green_Card_2011-09-07.23.28.1-0.rec.nfo
$ cat /srv/vdr/Green_Card*.nfo
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
  <title>Green Card</title>
  <plot>Gérard Depardieu's much-anticipated English language debut
was, to some extent, lost in the fuss created by the revelations about
his wild youth that appeared around the time of its release. Despite
being unoriginal, full of narrative improbabilities and not as funny
as it should be, this easy-going comedy from director Peter Weir has
undeniable charm and features two engaging performances, with Andie
MacDowell winning you over to her initially cold, calculating
Manhattanite. Weir is a little heavy-handed with the comic set pieces,
but he develops the romance with some care and turns the immigration
inquiry into a nail-biting tear-jerker. It's slight and trite, but so
what?||Director Peter Weir|Actor Gérard Depardieu|Actor Andie
MacDowell|Actor Bebe Neuwirth|Actor Gregg Edelman|Actor Robert
Prosky|Actor Jessie Keosian|Actor Ethan Phillips|Actor Mary Louise
Wilson|Actor Lois Smith|Actor Conrad McLaren|</plot>
</movie>