On 19.12.2012 11:39, Ingo Prochaska wrote:
Am 19.12.2012 11:11, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

Why would you want that?
It would deprive you of possible recording opportunities!

Eike pointed out one of the usecases. The other one: when I want to watch my
favorite soccer-team live, I clean up the recording schedule and go for the
game. While watching the game a searchtimer kicks in finding the deleted
episode on another channel. My live view drops. While killing the newly
generated timer Murphy accomplishes not only the one and only match-winning
goal but also make me switch back after all replays had gone...

If the game is so important to you, and you allow automated timers to
be set at any time, you'd better set a timer for your game as well. This
has the additional advantage of being prepared for any other interrupts,
like phone calls, door bells etc.