VDR developer version 1.7.36 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.7.35:
- Added maximum SNR value for PCTV Systems nanoStick T2 290e (thanks to Antti
- Added a remark indicating that the coordinates of Rect in a call to
cDevice::CanScaleVideo() are in the range of the width and height returned by
GetOsdSize() (suggested by Reinhard Nissl).
- Modified the Makefiles (thanks to Christopher Reimer).
By default VDR is now built according to the FHS ("File system Hierarchy
and a plain "make" in the VDR source directory just builds everything, but
copy it to ./PLUGINS/lib and ./locale any more. You can use a Make.config file
(copied from Make.config.template) and set the parameter LCLBLD=1 to have
built and installed under the VDR source tree (as was the default in previous
versions). If you already have your own Make.config file, you may want to
new Make.config.template and adapt it to your needs. If you don't want VDR's
files to be spread around your system according to the FHS, you can set the
parameter ONEDIR=1 (using Make.config) to have all files in one /video
- Fixed the example for cReceiver in PLUGINS.html.
- Fixed sorting recordings in case two folders have the same name, but one of
ends in an additional digit, as in "abc" and "abc2" (reported by Andreas
- Added "repeat" function when using the keyboard to control VDR (thanks to
- The SVDRP command LSTR now knows the additional parameter "path", which can be
given to get the actual file name of a recording's directory (suggested by
- Fixed multiple occurrences of the same directory in the recordings list in
are directories that only differ in non-alphanumeric characters (reported by
- Absolute jumps when replaying a recording (via the Red key) are now only
if an actual value has been entered (suggested by Ulf Kiener).
- The last replayed recording is now stored in setup.conf, which allows the blue
"Resume" key in the main menu to work even after a restart of VDR.
- The SVDRP command NEWT no longer checks whether a timer with the given data
exists (suggested by Malte Forkel).
- Implemented scaling of SPU bitmaps (thanks to Johann Friedrichs).
- Improved cutting MPEG-2 video (thanks to Sören Moch).
- Reduced the number of retries in cTransfer::Receive() to avoid blocking
in case the primary device can't handle the current live signal.
vdr mailing list