Thank you for this. I have installed xineliboutput on my debian installation,
but that does not auto-install vdr-plugin-xineliboutput.
I have installed vdr-plugin-xineliboutput, and now VDR happily runs without any
hardware. I have updated my manual to reflect this.

Sorry for my choose of words in my previous e-mail, I did not intent to insult
anyone, but I was a bit disappointed.

Best regards,