VDR developer version 2.1.4 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 2.1.3:
- Updated 'sources.conf' (thanks to Antti Hartikainen).
- cFont::CreateFont() now returns a dummy font in case there are no fonts
This prevents a crash with the LCARS skin on a system that has no fonts.
- Improved locking for CAM slots and made the pure functions of cCiAdapter have
default implementations, to fix a possible crash with CI adapters and CAM
that are implemented in a plugin.
- Added logging the supported system ids of a CAM.
- Increased MIN_TS_PACKETS_FOR_FRAME_DETECTOR to 10 in order to be able to
channels that need more than 5 TS packets for detecting frame borders
- Fixed deleting the source recording after moving it to a different volume
by Christoph Haubrich).
- Now waiting explicitly until all CAM slots are ready before switching to the
initial channel when VDR is started. This is necessary in case CI adapters are
used that are not physically connected to a dedicated device. The respective
in cDvbDevice have been removed to avoid redundancy.
- Fixed detecting frame borders in MPEG-2 streams that have "bottom fields" or
GOP structures (reported by Christian Paulick, with help from Helmut Auer).
- Now unassigning CAMs from their devices when they are no longer used.
- Now making sure the primary device goes into transfer mode for live viewing
CAM wants to receive the TS data.
- Fixed a wrong alignment in cCiDateTime::SendDateTime().
- Since the new cRecordingsHandler that was introduced in version 2.1.2 not only
handles "cutting", but also "moving" and "copying" recordings, the German word
"Schnitt" has been replaced with the more generic "Bearbeitung", which covers
three variations of "editing" a recording (suggested by Christoph Haubrich).
Maintainers of translations for other languages may want to change their *.po
- The new function cStatus::ChannelChange() can be implemented by plugins to be
informed about changes to the parameters of a channel that may require a
This may, for instance, be useful for plugins that implement live streaming,
they can react on changes to a channel's PIDs or CA descriptors (problem
by Mariusz Bialonczyk).
- Fixed a superfluous call to the skin's SetRecording() function after renaming
recording (reported by Christoph Haubrich).
vdr mailing list