Hi,

I have a minimal setup consisting of an old PC sitting in a different room, and a Samsung SmartTV in the living room. We rarely watch any DVDs in my family, so we do not have any dedicated DVD player.

I used to use a DVD player plugin when the VDR PC was in the living room, attached to a TV, but I would prefer to have a mostly-headless setup (the VDR PC is only hooked to a VGA monitor, no sound output at the moment).

I checked both the Streamdev plugin and the SmartTV plugin, but neither seem to support DVDs at the moment:

http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-streamdev/
http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-smarttvweb/

I wonder if there is any easy solution to stream the contents of a disk in the DVD drive of the VDR PC over the local CAT5e cabling. I guess that an alternative solution could be to transcode the DVD into MPEG PS files, which could presumably be viewed on or streamed from VDR.

Best regards,

        Marko