On May 7, 2014, at 1:37 PM, Michal Novotny wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm thinking about getting a payTV subscription using DVB-C and my provider
> uses Conax Cas7 CAM with paired cards, so using the official CAM in a CI slot
> is the only option. I never used CAMs, so I have few (maybe stupid)
> questions, but I didn't find an answer on the web.

Pairing is done between smartcard and CAM. Even after pairing you can move
card+CAM combo from system to another. CI+ CAM does work on CI slot, but
depending on your operators settings the CAM might require a CI+ slot to
decrypt. Requirement for CI+ slot is something that can be selected on channel
basis.

I have seen CI+ slots only available on Television sets and set top boxes. Not
on VDR hardware.

On my provider all HD channels and some of the SD channels are "CI+" only while
most of the crypted SD channels are allowed to be decrypted with CI+CAM combo.

Sami