On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
<klaus.schmidin...@tvdr.de> wrote:
> On 08.09.2014 07:44, cedric.dew...@telfort.nl wrote:
>
>> How does VDR decide it's time to remove all the .del directories?
>
> It does this at idle times, after some timeouts.

I've seen cases where VDR failed to take into account that it hadn't
actually freed the disk space but just did the .del marking and
consequently failed to do a recording or a cutting action due to out
of disk space which would have succeeded if it would have actually
deleted the .del files. But that was some time ago (I haven't had disk
space issues lately) and I don't know which version it was back then.
But it was not that long ago, I believe the issue still persists if
this area of functionality hasn't changed lately. So in some cases it
should actually free the disk space more proactively.