Hi all.

В Пт, 25/03/2016 в 13:39 -0700, Timothy D. Lenz пишет:

> On 3/25/2016 11:55 AM, Joerg Bornkessel wrote:
> >
> > Am 24.03.2016 um 07:35 schrieb Mika Laitio:
> > >
> > > Does anybody know whether there is a working ATSC vdr-plugin
> > > available somewhere?
> > >
> > > I found some old discussions from the some ATSC plug-in from the
> > > mailing list pointing to http://www.fepg.org/ but from those I
> > > got
> > > an impression that plug-in is not actively maintained?
> > >
> > > So fat I have tested that I can scan and look the channels fine
> > > with the Kaffeine and WinTV-HVR-950Q, but in the long run I would
> > > be more interested on running the VDR in normal way on background
> > > server.
> > >
> > > Mika
> > >
> > ATSC is supported in the Core VDR.
> > Iam kontakted the Maintainer Alex Lasnier a lot of month ago for an
> > update for the
> > vdr-plugin-atscepg
> > This plugin is definitely dead on upstream since 2010 and is not
> > supported by the Maintainer anymore.
> > Anyway...
> > The maintainer has give me access to his privat git for some local
> > fixes by him self.
> > I dont remeber for this link.
> > You can download the latest version atscepg-0.3.0 from fepg.org
> > and you need an aditional patch from my dev webspace to get the
> > latest
> > fixes from him.
> >
> > https://dev.gentoo.org/~hd_brummy/distfiles/atscepg-0.3.0_vdr-1.7.1
> > 3.tbz
> >
> > also you have to disable -std=c++11 support on latest gcc versions
> > fix c++11 issues on compiletime.
> >
> > I have this tested only for compile as i dont have access to atsc
> > conten
> > t.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > /dev/joerg
> I have been using this plugin for years. Haven't touched the computer
> in
> years as far as updating kernal or vdr. It says the version for ATSC
> 0.3.0hg. I think the main use of the plugin is channel scanning to
> find
> what channels are active. But For me it segfaults 95% of the time.
> Seems
> like maybe something in the stream. Because every so often, It works
> just fine. I can scan over and over no problem. But most of the time
> it
> segfaults as soon as you tell it to scan.

For channels scan you can try my fork of reelchannelscan plugin, I use
it with vdr-2.2.0. I can't receive ATSC, so it's not tested. See on
russian forum:
http://linuxdvb.org.ru/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=27266#post27266

> Another problem I have here in Tucson is the broadcasters don't know
> what a standard is. There is some flag the don't set to tell vdr
> there
> is guide data, so it's not collected even though a cheap converter
> box
> has no problem with it. But then they are doing good to put up more
> then
> a day or 2 of data anyway and PBS for awhile put in stream what was
> posted at all the web sites, but then made up their own guide and
> you
> had to go to a local web site to get the real guide.
>
> Also, several of our channels are broadcast from 2 locations on
> different frequencys, but carry the same data. VDR doesn't know how
> handle that, so you have to delete one of the entries. My old sony
> tv
> and others have the same problem. They see the second copy and pick
> some
> new number based on the frequancy number instead of the assigned
> number.
> A bit of a pain. Looks like it might be fixed in newer high end tv's
> (and the old cheap converter box also had no problem with dupe
> channel
> numbers.)

For channels with same pids you can try my patch, see
http://linuxdvb.org.ru/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=26833#post2683

Best regards.