VDR developer version 2.3.6 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 2.3.5:
- Added backtrace functions for debugging (see cBackTrace in thread.h).
- Added checking the correct sequence of locking global lists (with help and
suggestions from Jasmin Jessich). At the first occurrence of an invalid
sequence, the 20 most recent locks will be written to the log file, followed
backtrace that led to the call in question. This code can be activated by
the macro DEBUG_LOCKSEQ in thread.c (which is on by default).
When debugging an actual invalid locking sequence, you can additionally define
the macro DEBUG_LOCKCALL in thread.c, which will add information about the
of each lock. Note that this may cause some stress on the CPU, therefore it
- The file Make.config.template now reacts on DEBUG=1 in the 'make' command
and disables code optimizations by setting -O0 (thanks to Jasmin Jessich).
This can be helpful when backtracing highly optimized code. You may want to
'make distclean' before running 'make' with a modified setting of DEBUG, to
sure all object files are newly compiled.
- Fixed the locking sequence when dumping EPG data.
- Fixed the locking sequence when starting a recording.
- The Makefiles now use the macro $(Q) instead of a plain '@' in front of their
commands, so that verbosity can be controlled by the user (suggested by Jasmin
Jessich). Add VERBOSE=1 to the 'make' call in the VDR source directory to see
actual commands that are executed.
Plugin authors should modify their makefiles accordingly, by simply preceeding
the respective commands with '$(Q)' and inserting '@echo XX $@' (where XX is
of the character combinations listed in the release note for version 2.3.5)
The newplugin script has also been modified accordingly.
Note that if you build a plugin directly in the plugin's own source directory,
the $(Q) macro won't be defined and commands will be displayed. You can add
Q=@ to the make call to have it less verbose (provided the plugin's Makefile
was modified as described above).
- Added clearing CiResourceHandlers before shutting down the plugin manager.
- Fixed a double channel switch when pressing the Channel+/- keys while no menu
or channel display is open.
- Fixed generating k_Release key events for LIRC remote controls (due to the
timeout another normal key was sometimes put into the queue after the
release). Also removed some code redundancy and added some buffer checks.
- Now using a separate mutex to fix the race between SVDRP CHAN and
cDevice::HasProgramme(), because the previous fix caused a deadlock (reported
- Fixed a possible crash in case the SVDRP connection to a peer VDR is
while getting remote timers.
- Fixed the locking sequence when creating a new timer from the Schedules menu.
- Fixed the locking sequence when switching between 'Now', 'Next' and 'Schedule'
in the Schedules menu.
vdr mailing list