On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 11:13:24AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
The second startup is for a tweak where I removed /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and renamed frontend1 to frontend0. On this startup, VDR will not complain anything, but it will not find any signal either. It properly detects the MN88473, but perhaps improperly claims that it provides DVB-T along with DVB-T2 and DVB-C.

Well, from the information that VDR gets from the driver, it does support DVB-T, -T2 and -C:

frontend 0/0 provides DVB-T,DVB-T2,DVB-C with QPSK,QAM16,QAM32,QAM64,QAM128,QAM256 ("Panasonic MN88473")

If this is not correct, I assume it's a driver problem.

I made some further experiments today. It turns out that frontend1 indeed supports both DVB-T and DVB-T2 (and presumably DVB-C).

Furthermore, with the trick
        sudo mv /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
I got VDR to display both DVB-T and DVB-T2 programs. The only difference from my previous attempts was that this time, I did not rename the old frontend0 to frontend2. The only frontend device descriptor that existed in the file system was frontend0.

The reception is not the best here (especially on windy or rainy days, in particular with DVB-T2), and it is possible that during my previous attempts, the DVB-T2 signal was too weak to get the tuner to lock on it in reasonable time. Also, the USB stick might not have the best analog signal path or the best tuner.

So, the good news is that the device indeed works with this little tweak. It probably is not worth the effort to implement something in dvbdevice.c that would allow this device to work without tweaking /dev/dvb/.

Now I will only have to figure out how to get the remote control to work.

Best regards,


vdr mailing list

Reply via email to