I own an Astrometa DVB-T2 stick like this and moving
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1 to /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 makes my vdr
2.3.8 (arch linux) running. But I do not succeed scanning for channels here
in Bremen in Germany without errors (I have a nice signal with my antenna
under the roof). With w_scan version 20170107 I get only six lines:

freenet.TV Info;MEDIA

There is no EPG with this. I have tried to use dvbv5-scan like Marko
described but I cannot find initial files for my location.


2017-12-03 2:16 GMT+01:00 Jose Alberto Reguero <jaregu...@telefonica.net>:

> I have another card with the same problem, it has frontend0 and
> frontend1and I modify vdr to open always demux0 dvr0 and net0 instead of
> demux1, dvr1 and net1, and work well with my card.
> Jose Alberto
> Enviado desde mi Huawei
> -------- Mensaje original --------
> Asunto: Re: [vdr] Trouble with DVB-T2 on frontend 1
> De: Marko M鋕el�
> Para: VDR Mailing List
> CC:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 11:13:24AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >>The second startup is for a tweak where I removed
> >>/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and renamed frontend1 to frontend0. On
> >>this startup, VDR will not complain anything, but it will not find any
> >>signal either. It properly detects the MN88473, but perhaps improperly
> >>claims that it provides DVB-T along with DVB-T2 and DVB-C.
> >
> >Well, from the information that VDR gets from the driver, it does
> >support DVB-T, -T2 and -C:
> >
> > frontend 0/0 provides DVB-T,DVB-T2,DVB-C with
> > QPSK,QAM16,QAM32,QAM64,QAM128,QAM256 ("Panasonic MN88473")
> >
> >If this is not correct, I assume it's a driver problem.
> I made some further experiments today. It turns out that frontend1
> indeed supports both DVB-T and DVB-T2 (and presumably DVB-C).
> Furthermore, with the trick
> sudo mv /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
> I got VDR to display both DVB-T and DVB-T2 programs. The only difference
> from my previous attempts was that this time, I did not rename the old
> frontend0 to frontend2. The only frontend device descriptor that existed
> in the file system was frontend0.
> The reception is not the best here (especially on windy or rainy days,
> in particular with DVB-T2), and it is possible that during my previous
> attempts, the DVB-T2 signal was too weak to get the tuner to lock on it
> in reasonable time. Also, the USB stick might not have the best analog
> signal path or the best tuner.
> So, the good news is that the device indeed works with this little
> tweak. It probably is not worth the effort to implement something in
> dvbdevice.c that would allow this device to work without tweaking
> /dev/dvb/.
> Now I will only have to figure out how to get the remote control to
> work.
> Best regards,
> Marko
> _______________________________________________
> vdr mailing list
> vdr@linuxtv.org
> https://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr
> _______________________________________________
> vdr mailing list
> vdr@linuxtv.org
> https://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr

Karl-Heinz Volk
Pastorenweg 78 B
28237 Bremen
vdr mailing list

Reply via email to