----- Original Message -----

At the moment the engine is responsible to poll the merge status on
the HSM (and restart it if failed). When it's successfully completed
the deleteVolume command must be issued to the SPM.

In the future we might consider the mailbox as mean of communication
between the HSM and the SPM, even though it's now enabled only for
block storage domains (and if the irs.vol_extend_policy is ON).

Still the entry point would be the deleteVolume call on the SPM.

--
Federico