> Hi,
>      From vdsm code i can see support for storage domain of type
>      SHARED_FS
> But when trying to configure a new storage domain, i don't see
> SHARED_FS
> as a available domtype filed in the dropdown.
>
> I want to use shared FS to connect to try and connect to gluster
> mount
> point on my node, but unable to as I don't see that option.
>
>  From http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/PosixFSConnection - I
>  understand
> that its the same as sharedFS, so what is PosixFSConnection then, is
> it
> just a new interface that provides a wrapper for what is sharedFS now
> ?

It's the proper name for the feature as it allows you to support not only
shared FS types but also other local FS types (e.g. btrfs), so we adjusted the
name to better reflect the feature.

> The status of this says Done, but I don't see the UI part of this, am
> missing something.

Status says:

Done:
  Make needed changes in VDSM (http://gerrit.ovirt.org/559)
To do:
  Make needed change in Ovirt-Engine
  Make needed change in the GUIs

So as you can see vdsm work is done (except for bugs) but the rest is not
implemented yet (patches welcome :)

> Also pls let me know if usign sharedFS to make the node use gluster
> mount
> is correct or not ?

It is the primary incentive for this feature and definitely correct until we
have a dedicated (optimized) implementation for gLuster (which will support the
gLuster native client etc).