On 05/01/2012 10:30 AM, Doron Fediuck wrote:
On 30/04/12 19:23, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 04/30/2012 06:45 PM, Sascha Littel wrote:
Am Montag, 30. April 2012, 16:45:12 schrieben Sie:
Hi Sasha,
This may be an issue of SSH authentication method.
Can you please check you SSH server in the host-
Password auth should be password and not Keyboard-interactive.
This may lead to SSH auth failure as you engine log indicates.
Thanks dude this was the hint I need. I changed the PasswordAuthentication in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config. Now I can add the vdsm into the oVirt engine host. Now
the real work can beginn.

Doron - can we catch this error and give this hint to users as something worth

(added engine-devel, as this extends to the engine side).

AFAICT, we get auth failure, with no reason.
In order to handle it we can go in to ways (need to decide)-

1. Add the keyboard-interactive auth to Mina SSHD.
There's a guy who added it[a] and we may try and ask for hints from him.
I know that patches are welcomed there as well ;)

2. Try to diagnose the failure we get, or scan Mina's err / debug stream.
I suspect we should be able to see something like:

debug1: Authentications that can continue: password,publickey
debug3: preferred gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive,password

So if server does not report 'password' as an option we could give a better
auth-failure message.

It will be nice if someone from our community could pick this up,
and if not this would be a nice feature for one of the coming versions.

Sascha - care to document this issue and details in a bug to begin with?

Am Montag, 30. April 2012, 13:09:25 schrieben Sie: