----- Original Message -----

Ah thanks for asking, this is something dear to me :)
Basically the init file shouldn't be in python and should look as much as
possible like the standard one:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=rpmdevtools.git;a=blob;f=template.init

All the rest should be moved to vdsm-tool as:

- check_port_taken
- mk_data_center
- mk_dom_backup
- mk_upgrade_path
- mk_core_path
- mk_run_path
- get_libvirt_conf_item
- test_conflicting_conf
- shutdown_conflicting_srv (on fedora this is taken care by systemd)
- upstart_libvirt
- start_needed_srv (on fedora this is taken care by systemd)
- test_lo
- free_space
- test_space
- bond_dev_available
- load_needed_modules
- test_already_running
- configure_libvirt
- configure_sysctl

Feel free to regroup the actions as you want (maybe it would make sense
to have just one function with all the mk_* commands, etc...)

So to answer your question, no, you shouldn't need to re-code the init.d
functions.

Thanks,
--
Federico