On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 05:25:23PM +0800, Mark Wu wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>       I think people always test their patch before submitting, so
> explicitly setting "verified" is not necessary.  More importantly,
> "verified" by the committer is not  convincible //enough for code
> quality assurance.  What's your opinion?

"verified" is intended for an independent developer/user/QE testing the
patch and verifying that it:
- fixes the bug/ implement the feature
- does not introduce regressions

Verifying your own bug is much much weaker. We are all humans, who tend
to forgive ourselves for tham wit forgive others. We are all developers,
who tend to check only the stuff that we thought about while fixing an
issue.

So try to get someone else to verify your patch. If you cannot find
anyone to do it, maybe the bug that you are fixing is not really
important ;-). After a few days or so fo hunting and nagging
optional verifiers, you can at least state formally that you have tested
the version that's upstream.

Regards,
Dan.