Hi,

I submited a patch for text-based console http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/7165/

the issue I want to discussing as below:
1. fix port VS dynamic port

Use fix port for all VM's console. connect console with 'ssh vmUUID@ip -p port'.
Distinguishing VM by vmUUID.

The current implement was vdsm will allocated port for console dynamically and spawn sub-process when VM creating. In sub-process the main thread responsible for accept new connection and dispatch output of console to each connection. When new connection is coming, main processing create new thread for each new connection. Dynamic port will allocated
port for each VM and use range port. It isn't good for firewall rules.

so I got a suggestion that use fix port. and connect console with 'ssh vmuuid@hostip -p fixport'. this is simple for user. We need one process for accept new connection from fix port and when new connection is coming, spawn sub-process for each vm. But because the console only can open by one process, main process need responsible for dispatching console's output of all vms and all connection.
So the code will be a little complex then dynamic port.

  So this is dynamic port VS fix port and simple code VS complex code.

Thanks!