On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:42:49AM -0500, Antoni Segura Puimedon wrote:

> [...]

Ok, I think this is a bug in the sequence of our ifup'ing. Reviewing
ifup-eth I see that in its "if bonding device" stanza there's

if [ "$ISALIAS" = no ] && is_bonding_device ${DEVICE} ; then
    for device in $(LANG=C egrep -l
"^[[:space:]]*MASTER=\"?${DEVICE}\"?[[:space:]]*$"
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*) ; do
            is_ignored_file "$device" && continue
            /sbin/ifup ${device##*/}

meaning that if we prepare ifcfg-eth* files on time, the interfaces would be
brought up by means of `ifup bond??`; and it seems that there is no need
for a specific `ifup eth0` at all.

Regards,
Dan.