On 01/28/2013 03:00 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
Following are the notes that I've taking during the call.
I'm pretty sure that I'm missing something important, such as another blocker
BZ, so please reply with corrections/addtions.

- Adam: going to introduce Python binding for the new Vdsm API

- Sharad has joined our call for the first time. Welcome!
   Interested in backup/restore functionality in oVirt, to facilitate
   integration with TSM, presumably
   http://www-142.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/tivostormana/

- Federico warns that live snapshot is not enough, since we lack live
   merge. After a year of daily backups, each qcow chain would be 365
   hops deep.

ovirt-3.2:
- We should probably revert http://gerrit.ovirt.org/9315 (integrate
   zombie reaper in supervdsmServer) as it tickles a bug in
   multiprocessing. See
   http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-January/011857.html for
   more details in the thread starting in
   http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-January/011747.html
   (thanks for raising the issue and finding the culprit, Dead Horse)

- Danken believes that all important el6-specific issues reported by dreyou are
   now handled in the master and ovirt-3.2 branches. Please report this list if
   he's wrong.

I could deploy CentOS 6.3 without any problem, host became UP.
Since there is no EL6.4 repo available at moment, I have created few RPM updated packages required by VDSM:
http://dougsland.fedorapeople.org/oVirt3.2-EL6/

Additionally is required EPEL + oVirt Nightly repo.

[ovirt-nightly]
name=Nightly builds of the oVirt project
baseurl=http://ovirt.org/releases/nightly/rpm/EL/$releasever/
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0

- Federico reports that udev is going to revert to its Fedora 18alpha
   behavior so that we can keep our integration with it. I'd love to see
   the udev BZ listed in our tracker
   https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=881006&hide_resolved=1
   as I do not recall it. Federico, could you add it? We should probably
   require a newer udev release.

- Federico reports that we must take a short-but-important patch from Lee
   Yarwood: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/11281/

Cross-distro:
- Adam: a guy from IBM is now listing issues that block running Vdsm on
   Ubuntu.  Yay!
- Saggi suggests that IBM contribute an Ubuntu slave for Jenkins, so
   that each and every patch is tested not to introduce Ubuntu
   regressions - just as Red Hat has recently done with EL6.
- Danken: yes, we have got el6-based unit-testing running. If you are still
   getting an unjustified X, you may need to rebase on current master.
- Federico: NetworkManager 9 has bridge support, which leads the way to
   NM-based implementation of Vdsm's configNetwork.
- Danken: Toni is working on a suggestion for refactoring configNetwork
   in such a way that multiple implementations (e.g. ifcfg-based,
   NM-based) can coexist.  Stay stuned for his Wiki page on the subject.

Other refactoring going on:
- Vinzenz has begun breaking the horrible libvirtvm+vm to edible-size
   pieces. Reviews are most welcome, particularly from Mark Wu, whose
   http://gerrit.ovirt.org/10054/ only awaits verification tick.

Functional Testing:
- Adam: a guy from IBM (Zhou, I presume) is running the functional tests
   via Jenkins on his laptop. Yay!
- Adam: plans to add a functional test for the getVdsCaps verb, as he
   found out that an evil Vdsm developer has added values to the caps
   without updating the schema.

- P.S. FlowID is now in for storage verbs as well (thanks, Douglas). I
   hope Haim is happier now.

Happy coding!

Cheers
Douglas