On 01/28/2013 03:00 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
Following are the notes that I've taking during the call.
I'm pretty sure that I'm missing something important, such as another blocker
BZ, so please reply with corrections/addtions.
- Adam: going to introduce Python binding for the new Vdsm API
- Sharad has joined our call for the first time. Welcome!
Interested in backup/restore functionality in oVirt, to facilitate
integration with TSM, presumably
- Federico warns that live snapshot is not enough, since we lack live
merge. After a year of daily backups, each qcow chain would be 365
- We should probably revert http://gerrit.ovirt.org/9315 (integrate
zombie reaper in supervdsmServer) as it tickles a bug in
more details in the thread starting in
(thanks for raising the issue and finding the culprit, Dead Horse)
- Danken believes that all important el6-specific issues reported by dreyou are
now handled in the master and ovirt-3.2 branches. Please report this list if
I could deploy CentOS 6.3 without any problem, host became UP.
Since there is no EL6.4 repo available at moment, I have created few RPM
updated packages required by VDSM:
Additionally is required EPEL + oVirt Nightly repo.
name=Nightly builds of the oVirt project
- Federico reports that udev is going to revert to its Fedora 18alpha
behavior so that we can keep our integration with it. I'd love to see
the udev BZ listed in our tracker
as I do not recall it. Federico, could you add it? We should probably
require a newer udev release.
- Federico reports that we must take a short-but-important patch from Lee
- Adam: a guy from IBM is now listing issues that block running Vdsm on
- Saggi suggests that IBM contribute an Ubuntu slave for Jenkins, so
that each and every patch is tested not to introduce Ubuntu
regressions - just as Red Hat has recently done with EL6.
- Danken: yes, we have got el6-based unit-testing running. If you are still
getting an unjustified X, you may need to rebase on current master.
- Federico: NetworkManager 9 has bridge support, which leads the way to
NM-based implementation of Vdsm's configNetwork.
- Danken: Toni is working on a suggestion for refactoring configNetwork
in such a way that multiple implementations (e.g. ifcfg-based,
NM-based) can coexist. Stay stuned for his Wiki page on the subject.
Other refactoring going on:
- Vinzenz has begun breaking the horrible libvirtvm+vm to edible-size
pieces. Reviews are most welcome, particularly from Mark Wu, whose
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/10054/ only awaits verification tick.
- Adam: a guy from IBM (Zhou, I presume) is running the functional tests
via Jenkins on his laptop. Yay!
- Adam: plans to add a functional test for the getVdsCaps verb, as he
found out that an evil Vdsm developer has added values to the caps
without updating the schema.
- P.S. FlowID is now in for storage verbs as well (thanks, Douglas). I
hope Haim is happier now.
vdsm-devel mailing list
vdsm-devel mailing list