Great work!

Can you please split commit to smaller, based on subject?

I see most can be submitted today upstream.

Change to vdsm/storage/12-vdsm-lvm.rules:

You should add the owner and group to configure.ac and rename the file to an
.in suffix so that substitutes can happen. This can be merged today if defaults
are the same.

Change to configure.ac and relevant also to the above...

You should add --with-user-qemu= to autoconf, with the default of qemu, same
for group and any change between distributions, then you can go ahead and
configure the package properly with built.

Change to tests/functional/xmlrpcTests.py

I do not know the code well, but it seems like you can ask for distribution
name and perform the assignment accordingly.

Change to tests/run_tests.sh.in requires root, so I don't think it is wise...
better just to fail test if the configfs is not mounted, asking user to make
sure it is.

uninstall - I am not sure it is required at all.

Why did you change the order of the udev rules?

Change to vdsm/storage/multipath.py - please detect distribution at autoconf
and handle right service.

Change to vdsm/storage/protect/spmstop.sh can be submitted now.

Can you please explain change to vdsm/utils.py?

I leave our the change for vdsm/vdsmd.init.in, as it needs much work, but we
can leave as last task, it requires more detection using autoconf, and call
common script.

Thank you,
Alon