Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
Marshall Schor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi Marshall,

let's see if I got your questions right.
First thing is, how to integrate the docbook environment in your
project so that you don't duplicate libraries etc.

Well, I wouldn't.
Hi Henning -
You make a good point. Let's assume the particular jars, zip-files of docbook transforms, etc., are not integrated into my project, but rather are kept in the lib/ directory of my special docbook project.

Now suppose producing docbooks this way becomes popular with other Apache projects (as xdoc has) and rather than being just 1, there are many projects in Apache using this. Is there a way Apache shares the sharable parts of all these doc books in many projects (for example, the FOP jars, the docbook xsl transforms, etc.) that would be the same for all of these, or is it a better practice to have every one of these projects have their own copy of all of this? If this did exist - I suppose it would consist of some kind of a shared repository of tools found useful in Apache project maintenance, and a way to have the Ant scripts
reference such a repository of shared objects (not just JARs, but also other
resources like docbook XSL Transforms).

That was what my question was trying to get at...

Thanks for the rest of your note - I'm on my way converting our documentation to docbook format so we can produce PDFs with all the nice features that make for readable documentation
(TOCs, cross refs with page numbers, footnotes, etc.).

-Marshall