Hi,

If you do not have any devices on the media server, then ltid is not active.  I
have not use OST , but I do not see a reason for ltid to stay up.

From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Victor Engle
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:05 PM
To: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ltid not started

List,

I think this is probably normal behavior but I couldn't find confirmation in
the docs. I have a media server which had a VTL configured. When the VTL was
configured, the ltid daemon was running on the media server. The VTL is being
replaced by data domain which will be used in non-VTL mode but as of now, there
are no devices at all configured for this media server. When the daemons start
on this system, ltid is not started. I assume this is because there are no
devices for ltid to manage.

So I'm just looking for confirmation as to my assumption. Also, if using the
data domain system in OST mode, should I expect to see ltid running on the
system?

Thanks,

Vic