When I went from tape on my telephone answering machine I had some
misgivings, due mostly to "flexibility" of  flipping the tape when full and
fixed size storage.

I've wanted a D2D2D backup system for several years and have been enjoying
the one we now have for several months.  Like any other IT system,
expandability, applicability, operations cost and vendor support are
important.    Non-compressible data worries me, as does what we'll do in 4-5
years when the devices go out of support.

OST good.  Dedup on way in good.  Getting vendors and VARs to talk backup
without tape was the biggest problem, but that's mostly a history lesson
now.  ;-)

Cheers, Wayne