I've heard there is an issue with Client Direct and Accelerator enabled
backups that will fail if the Media servers are at 7.6.0.1 but the clients
are 7.5 or 7.1. The workaround, as I've heard it, is to upgrade the clients
to 7.6.0.1 to resolve the issue, don't patch the media servers yet, or turn
off client direct or accelerator until there is an EEB.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 8:31 AM, dgwhittemore
<nbu-fo...@backupcentral.com>wrote:

> Scott
>
> I'm going thru the same thing on monday, upgrade master from 7.5.x to
> 7.6.0.1 and upgrade appliance from 2.5.2 to 7.6version.
> theres only 4 EEBS listed on the LBN (late breaking news) and I called a
> SYMC BCE and assured me that no major fallout or gothchas with this rele.
> there are no major schema changes or text files to database conversions
> happening.  however, ask your SYMC rep for helper scripts if you have
> more than a million bkup images or large catalog.   FYI do a catalog bkup
> prior, and make sure you have plenty of free disk space and make sure
> OpsCenter is 7.6.0.1GA not FA.
> good luck

Rusty Major ▪ Technical Architect and Team Lead - Backup Infrastructure
Engineering ▪ Sungard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Pkwy., Suite
200, Houston, TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693 ▪ Cell 713-724-4914 ▪
rusty.ma...@sungard.com