Actually, there are two significant database changes.  The EMM database is
being upgraded from Sybase 11 to Sybase 12.  This is one of the causes for
lengthy upgrades.  This process (I believe) is to actually dump the database,
upgrade Sybase and then reload the database.  This is where if you have
millions of images or unpruned TIR information, you can run into significant
delays in a master server upgrade.  There is an EEB for the current version of
NetBackup that will trim the TIR information.

There is also a major import of data if you are using an MSDP.  Symantec has
gotten rid of the PostgresSQL database for MSDP and have integrated it into the
Sybase database.  This is another source of long upgrade times.

I've been reading on some of the Symantec discussion sites where upgrades were
estimated to be 3-4 hours and they actually took 8-10 hours.

Symantec's support site seems to be sluggish/down at the moment but I'll post
the EEB information as soon as I can get to their website.