We currently do not have I/O fencing implemented on the VCS Windows
package.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 4:37 PM
To: veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-ha] vxfencing >2 nodes

Agreed.

But is it even possible to run fencing on a w*dows system?

/A
Andreas Lundgren
Technical Account Manager | Steria AB
Karlsrov 2D, Box 544, SE-182 15 Danderyd, Sweden
Mobile: +46-709-214381
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        To: "Shashi Kanth Boddula" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Mayank Vasa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        From: "Jim Senicka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Date: 2008-06-12 17:33
        cc: veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu

        For any cluster larger than 1 node, I/O fencing is highly
recommended to
        protect data integrity in the event of a split brain.
        2 nodes is not in any way more resistant to split brain than 3
nodes or
        more.

        VCS does not use any form of quorum based membership (quorum has
        number of it's own ugly issues), so there is no difference in
how our
        membership works when you have 2, 3, or 32 nodes