From: veritas-vx-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-vx-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of joel
Sent: Tuesday, 21 July 2009 10:00 AM
To: Robinson, Greg
Cc: veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-vx] vxdisk path question/concern
[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

So I am reading you right I shouldn't care what the actual physical
device is so much as what veritas is using for the name when it sees the

devices in issuing "vxdisk list".  If that is the case option 5 didn't
work since the partition table wasn't there for the replacement
(physcial sde, veritas sdf) so I went ahead and made the table.  I am
guessing now I will need to initialize the disk for veritas to see with
option 1 on again (physcial sde, veritas sdf).  I will then be able to
use option 5 to add bad in the disk and I should then be able to see it
working with "vxtask list" which by the way right now it's showing:

TASKID  PTID TYPE/STATE    PCT   PROGRESS
   162           PARENT/R 13.56% 59/8(2) VXRECOVER

Gets confusing not to care about the actual physical device names and
only about the veritas names.

~joel