Actually, probably not. Xcode is "SVN-aware", so it doesn't clobber the .xcodeproj directory at all, only update the files therein. The only file in that bundle that I store in the repository is project.pbxproj — any other file starts with a username and is specific to that user, and should usually be excluded. (Such files frequently change, have no bearing on the actual project, and tend to crud up the repository and commits with irrelevant files and changes.)

What specific problem is being reported? What are the filenames that are claimed to already exist, and do they in fact exist?

 - Quinn