That also works. The reason that use separate repositories is so that work for separate clients is never intermingled together, and it's simple to control access to a particular client's work. (Companies tend to not like their IP to be freely available to other clients, competitor or otherwise.)

I doubt that network congestion would necessarily be reduced by using a single repository, since Versions checks for each working copy individually anyway.

 - Quinn