Hi everyone,

Just a quick heads up to let you all know we're aware of the high-cpu
usage issues and are investigating them.  Sorry for the trouble, we
understand that for an app like Versions that you're likely to keep
running in the background all day, high CPU usage can get pretty
annoying pretty quickly (Especially when your laptop battery is as
worn out as mine ;-) ).

The issues we are looking into right now:

- Very high CPU usage in the background without any clear cause
- Stray 'Versions' child processes that use a lot of CPU and can stay
alive after Versions.app has quit

These problems can occur both on Leopard and Snow Leopard, are new in
Versions 1.0.5 and seem related to the new SVN 1.6.5 library, but
we're not sure at all yet whether the root cause is in SVN 1.6.5's or
Versions' code.

If you run into one of these issues and have the Xcode developer tools
installed, you can help us track the problem down by followint these
steps:

- Launch Instruments.app
- Choose the CPU Sampler template,
- Use the "Default Target" toolbar item to attach to the CPU-hungry
Versions process and record a sample (10-20 seconds is more than
enough).
- Save the sample and email it to versi...@madebysofa.com with the
subject "Versions high-CPU Sample"
- Please tell us in the email which SVN library you have selected in
Versions' Preferences
- Don't forget to mention which OS X release you're on, or even
better, include a System Profile (saved with System Profiler.app)
- Accept our eternal gratitude :)

We'll let you all know as we find out more.

Thanks for your patience :)
- Dirk

the Versions team

PS:  Regarding the intense amount of logging that Versions can do from
time to time: "No worthy mechs found", "killed by signal 15", etc.,
thanks to some pointers from Jeremy at CollabNet, we know what's
causing the first one (SASL-related, specifically a problem with the
SASL implementation included in the Tiger and Leopard SDKs), the
second one has something to do with svn+ssh specifically, we're still
tracking down what to do about that one exactly.