You will not have to buy it again, but you will not be able to use the
software update mechanism within the mac app store. This is such a
huge burning issue, that it is something Apple is likely to deal with
soon – perhaps by offering software houses the ability to generate
codes that are good for claiming the software on the mac app store for
free.

There is definitely no reason not to buy the software now.