I had the same problem. It seems it was due to having an old SVN
install on my box meaning it was picking up the wrong version of
libexpat.

I ran " find / -name libexpat.dylib 2>/dev/null" to find all installs
of libexpat and saw one in "/opt/subversion/lib". I then ran "otool -L
on /opt/subversion/lib/libexpat.dylib" and it shows as version 2.0. I
deleted it and relaunched Versions which now opened successfully.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Neil